Chicagoland Nascar Weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicagoland Nascar Weekend

Post by SDGary on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:30 am

Just a reminder in case you forgot or didn't know, this week's races are NIGHT races. The Nationwide Series race is tonight (Friday) at 8 Eastern on ESPN. The Sprint Cup Series race is Saturday night, 8 Eastern on TNT. This is the first year Chicago has had lights, so obviously these will be the first ever night races there. Chicagoland is a great track, and I think the cooler track conditions could make these the best races ever at that track!
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chicagoland Nascar Weekend

Post by cat on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:36 am

SDGary wrote:Just a reminder in case you forgot or didn't know, this week's races are NIGHT races. The Nationwide Series race is tonight (Friday) at 8 Eastern on ESPN. The Sprint Cup Series race is Saturday night, 8 Eastern on TNT. This is the first year Chicago has had lights, so obviously these will be the first ever night races there. Chicagoland is a great track, and I think the cooler track conditions could make these the best races ever at that track!

I agree!!!

Thanks for posting this - I will be sure to watch.

Cat

Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1598

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:23 am

Kenseth impresses once again, battling from one or two laps down and stuck in the 30s to make it up to the Top Ten.

Freakin' Kyle Busch. Mad

I'm really excited about Stewart-Haas Motorsports. Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman together, not to mention the possibility of a third team with Martin Truex Jr... Oh BOY!!

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:04 pm

When Matty was waiting to get the lucky dog, he was up there runnig with the 18 and 20 with only two fresh tires! MANY times throughout the night, he was the fastest car according to scoring. Oh, what could have been.........
How about Joe Gibbs Racing. They lose Tony Stewart, but still have Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, and Joey Logano moving up!
I think Zippy staying with Gibbs is really going to hurt Tony for awhile.
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:16 pm

You heard it here first folks.... Matt Kenseth wins the Brickyard. bounce

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:48 pm

ProgRocker53 wrote:You heard it here first folks.... Matt Kenseth wins the Brickyard. bounce

He has come SO close to winning that thing a couple of times. I don't like to pick him, because you always think you're not thinking clearly because he's your guy. But he DOES have a very good chance.
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:37 pm

Kenseth is a good driver, no doubt, but the lucky dog is fuckin stupid, and frankly, he didn't have a car to challenge the 48 or 18. The 48 fucked up.

I don't think Kenseth is running all that well. Sure, a lot of top tens lately, but let's face it, out of the 43 drivers, a good 25 never finish in the top 10 or 15.

Every weekend you have the same cluster of cars competing for the top ten.

2, 11, 9, 88, 48, 24, 17, 20, 99, 18. Seriously, I bet 7 out of these 10 finish in the top 15 this weekend at Indy. I seriously would wager on the 48 getting to victory lane. He fucked up last weekend, they run very well there, won last year, and are overdue.
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

Number of posts : 717

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:40 pm

Johnson will rack up a few more victories before the season's over, for sure.

Your list if numbers is pretty accurate, Dean, but I'd bump the 2 in favor of the 83. Vickers has been right in the thick of things most of the season and, don't laugh people, but I believe the Vickers/Red Bull connection could be a perennial Chase fixture.

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:53 pm

Just for fun Prog, let's look at the results Sunday. I am tellin ya, those 10 cars I named, most will be top 15. I can guarantee you the 55, 40, 42 and 19 will fade to the back.

I should have put in the 29 Harvick. Gopod racer and sometimes the 12 too(Newman).
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:54 pm

Fuck! WTF? No race this weekend. Goddammit to Hell.
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:12 pm

RockinDeano wrote:Just for fun Prog, let's look at the results Sunday. I am tellin ya, those 10 cars I named, most will be top 15. I can guarantee you the 55, 40, 42 and 19 will fade to the back.

I should have put in the 29 Harvick. Gopod racer and sometimes the 12 too(Newman).

I bet Montoya will rack at least a top 15 this week. The man knows Indy. He could find a way to screw it up though I'm sure.

Waltrip is a hack and a joke and needs to retire.

J.J. Yeley is having some confidence issues and needs to re-hone his skills in the Nationwide series for a year or two, like Stremme is doing now and guys like Kvapil have done before.

Elliott Sadler is a 23rd place talent driving 23rd place equipment to 23rd place finishes every week (if he doesn't wreck). He's lucky he re-signed at GEM or else I'm sure he'd be slumming it at MWR or the Miccosukee 09 next year.

Some other guys that just need to give up now and save themselves embarrassment:

the #34 and #08 teams (why bother? seriously? showing up every week, failing to qualify, and when you do, not even trying at all and running 38th all race... field filling fucks)

Terry LaBonte and Bill Elliott. You guys kicked ass in the 80s and 90s, and even part of the 00s. True champions and multi-time winners. Lots of my childhood racing memories revolve around you two piloting Kelloggs, Budweiser, and McDonalds cars to ace finishes. I hate having those memories tarnished by seeing you guys run 33rd every week... I was pumped at Michigan, I was in awe, I saw Bill Elliott man, Bill freakin' Elliott.... but my enthusiasm faded when I realized that he'd just run some laps and pick up a check.... no fire left, none at all.

Scott Riggs... good driver, will never get good equipment, will never win, just the next Ted Musgrave or something

Yeah, that said, most of the other guys still have a right to be in the field whether it be talent or not. Nemechek actually races the #78, it doesn't go fast but he races it. Menard's gotten better (check out his save from Dover, wow, dude can actually wheel a car). Allmendinger, Carpentier, Smith, McDowell, Hornish.... all good drivers just struggling to find rhythm.

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano on Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:24 pm

Hornish is Euro trash. Fuck him.

Mark Martin is all class and is at Hendrick next year. Wow, what a stable, even though I think J Gordon may quit real soon.
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:48 pm

RockinDeano wrote:Kenseth is a good driver, no doubt, but the lucky dog is fuckin stupid, and frankly, he didn't have a car to challenge the 48 or 18. The 48 fucked up.

I don't think Kenseth is running all that well. Sure, a lot of top tens lately, but let's face it, out of the 43 drivers, a good 25 never finish in the top 10 or 15.

Every weekend you have the same cluster of cars competing for the top ten.

2, 11, 9, 88, 48, 24, 17, 20, 99, 18. Seriously, I bet 7 out of these 10 finish in the top 15 this weekend at Indy. I seriously would wager on the 48 getting to victory lane. He fucked up last weekend, they run very well there, won last year, and are overdue.

Didn't have a car to challange the 48 or 18? He was a lap down, running with the 18 and the 20 lap after lap, on only two tires! He ran lap after lap side by side for the lead with the 18 until he got that flat! Even coming up through the field, he was turning the fastest laps on the track!

Not running all that well?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/sprint/powerrankings

2: Matt Kenseth Busch may have five wins since May 10, but in that time he's only scored seven more points than Kenseth.

SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:04 pm

I know Matty is your boy and I like him, but come on? The lucky dogs saved his ass. I respectfully disagree that the 17 could hang with the 48 at the end. Hell the 48 had the best car at the end and flat out got beat by a ballsy move by KB and a bonehead non move by JJ.

I'll see your ass in the Chase Mister! (If you make it) Wink
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:10 pm

ProgRocker53 wrote:
RockinDeano wrote:Just for fun Prog, let's look at the results Sunday. I am tellin ya, those 10 cars I named, most will be top 15. I can guarantee you the 55, 40, 42 and 19 will fade to the back.

I bet Montoya will rack at least a top 15 this week. The man knows Indy. He could find a way to screw it up though I'm sure.

Waltrip is a hack and a joke and needs to retire.

J.J. Yeley is having some confidence issues and needs to re-hone his skills in the Nationwide series for a year or two, like Stremme is doing now and guys like Kvapil have done before.

Elliott Sadler is a 23rd place talent driving 23rd place equipment to 23rd place finishes every week (if he doesn't wreck). He's lucky he re-signed at GEM or else I'm sure he'd be slumming it at MWR or the Miccosukee 09 next year.

Some other guys that just need to give up now and save themselves embarrassment:

the #34 and #08 teams (why bother? seriously? showing up every week, failing to qualify, and when you do, not even trying at all and running 38th all race... field filling fucks)

Terry LaBonte and Bill Elliott. You guys kicked ass in the 80s and 90s, and even part of the 00s. True champions and multi-time winners. Lots of my childhood racing memories revolve around you two piloting Kelloggs, Budweiser, and McDonalds cars to ace finishes. I hate having those memories tarnished by seeing you guys run 33rd every week... I was pumped at Michigan, I was in awe, I saw Bill Elliott man, Bill freakin' Elliott.... but my enthusiasm faded when I realized that he'd just run some laps and pick up a check.... no fire left, none at all.

Scott Riggs... good driver, will never get good equipment, will never win, just the next Ted Musgrave or something

Yeah, that said, most of the other guys still have a right to be in the field whether it be talent or not. Nemechek actually races the #78, it doesn't go fast but he races it. Menard's gotten better (check out his save from Dover, wow, dude can actually wheel a car). Allmendinger, Carpentier, Smith, McDowell, Hornish.... all good drivers just struggling to find rhythm.

I HOPE to hell you remember Awesome Bill in the Coors #9!
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm

Gotta head out to Vegas for five days (gotta go when they're not racing!). Talk to you next week! (No, I won't be at the Mandalay tonight.)
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:15 pm

RockinDeano wrote:I know Matty is your boy and I like him, but come on? The lucky dogs saved his ass. I respectfully disagree that the 17 could hang with the 48 at the end. Hell the 48 had the best car at the end and flat out got beat by a ballsy move by KB and a bonehead non move by JJ.

Well, he ran side by side with the 18, and we know what the 18 did to the 48!

Remember, we're the only two that have been in every Chase!

BTW, good to see you back!
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:24 pm

SDGary wrote:
RockinDeano wrote:I know Matty is your boy and I like him, but come on? The lucky dogs saved his ass. I respectfully disagree that the 17 could hang with the 48 at the end. Hell the 48 had the best car at the end and flat out got beat by a ballsy move by KB and a bonehead non move by JJ.

No excuses as JJ fucked up. That rarely happens, but hey KB did it. Anyway, that 48 was gone until that ridiculous caution came out with 3 to go. Like Prog said, some "fill fucker" car, probably a car that was 56 laps down, lost a piece of rubber. These cautions are getting refuckindiculous.
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:26 pm

SDGary wrote:

Yes, you are correct, and you have any idea how close the 48 is to winning 4 straight championships? How about 4 years ago when Kurt Busch somehow lost a wheel but was 20 yards in front of pit road and luckily made it in or that was a definite 48 championship. Then 3 years ago, JJ was battling Jr at Kansas I believe, going for the win, and his teammate dumbfucik Vickers takes them both out for a 28th place finish on the last lap. 48 gets 2nd in that race, let alone 1st, he wins that championship too. Aw but that's racin I guess.

I still really think the 48 has the best team and will win it again.
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:34 pm

And two years ago, your boy sucked in the Chase, but we still couldn't catch him! If we hadn't sucked so bad ourselves, we would have won it that year.

BTW, did you see your boy got a "Best Driver" ESPY?
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:42 pm

SDGary wrote:And two years ago, your boy sucked in the Chase, but we still couldn't catch him! If we hadn't sucked so bad ourselves, we would have won it that year.

BTW, did you see your boy got a "Best Driver" ESPY?

How do you suck so bad in the Chase if you happen to win it? I recall JJ won a few races in the Chase, unlike Fatso who won the Chase without winning a single fuckin race.

JJ won an ESPY? I sure as shit would hope so. He did win the Championship including 4 in a row IN the Chase. That was a helluva run even you have to admit.

Last weekends fuck up is holding me back pimping Jimmie, but I would still take him when the chips are down.

I really thought he should have been sportsmen of the year two years ago, winning the Chase and the big races; Daytona, Brickyard, All Star, Coke 600 etc. That was a dream year. He is a good guy that's why I like him as well as Matty. Good guys are easy to root for. I think Jr is a slobberknocker, a guy who fell into his car, a real prick, as is Tony and the Busch sisters. Seriously, If JJ doesn't win, Iroot for Matt even though I HATE Fords.
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:22 am

SDGary wrote:I HOPE to hell you remember Awesome Bill in the Coors #9!

Nope. The earliest season of racing I can remember is 1992. I remember alot of those races like it were yesterday.

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:27 am

RockinDeano wrote:
SDGary wrote:

No excuses as JJ fucked up. That rarely happens, but hey KB did it. Anyway, that 48 was gone until that ridiculous caution came out with 3 to go. Like Prog said, some "fill fucker" car, probably a car that was 56 laps down, lost a piece of rubber. These cautions are getting refuckindiculous.

'twas David Gilliland, who I believe was running on the lead lap in his usual 19th place slot. Not a bad driver at all, but shouldn't be in Cup right now, I think... he's had some good finishes at the plate tracks and at Sonoma but I think he should be in one of the quality Nationwide rides right now.

His Busch series win two years ago was freaking amazing... he was in a field filler car, but managed to drive it to a miracle win. Great job, awesome race, BUT... it wasn't worth the straight jump to Yates two months later.

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joeydelight on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:20 am

I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but I have heard from MANY people that television just doesn't do it justice and the experience of attending a race is like no other. Plus, NASCAR drivers, if not the best, are some of the most approachable, fan-friendly athletes in any sport.
joeydelight
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top