Coke Zero 400

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Coke Zero 400

Post by Kate on Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:46 pm

....is tonight at 6:30 EST on TNT.

Check it out at

http://www.nascar.com/index2.html

I am looking for Jr. to step up in this race. or fall behind, or crash out or oh hell I am looking for any action from him. Laughing

Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Coke Zero 400

Post by SDGary on Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:57 pm

I hope you all enjoyed the race. Restrictor plates races are definitely exciting, although I don't really like them. There's too many variables out of the hands of the driver. Almost anyone with a car in the race has a chance of a good finish. That doesn't really reward the better teams with the more talented drivers like it should, in my opinion. But, as this race showed, it does produce drama!
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:03 pm

Great runs ruined on the last lap... Jeff Gordon, Michael Waltrip, Travis Kvapil, and Sam Hornish were all en route to top tens before their incidents. Also a shame that David Gilliland couldn't finish the great run throughout the whole race.

Kyle freakin' Busch. Rolling Eyes

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:25 pm

ProgRocker53 wrote:Great runs ruined on the last lap... Jeff Gordon, Michael Waltrip, Travis Kvapil, and Sam Hornish were all en route to top tens before their incidents. Also a shame that David Gilliland couldn't finish the great run throughout the whole race.

Kyle freakin' Busch. Rolling Eyes

I know EXACTLY what you mean. In last year's 500, after pushing Harvick to the front, Kenseth was within sight of the checkered flag and running 3rd when Kyle Busch lost it and took Matt with him. We went from 3rd to 27th just a few feet from the finish.
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frfksakes on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:23 pm

Did you hear me screaming!! lol My poor neighbors,,, Laughing

I couldn't believe when Gordon moved over,,, aahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then it was going to be a great race to the finish, if that damn caution hadn't come out...

That was an interesting race, for sure...(curious,, any thoughts about Johnson?,,)
,,, frustrating ending

And Kyle Busch,, Rolling Eyes , That little punk just might be the best driver ever.. I've never seen anyone get dumped at so many races, and then come right back and win the damn thing.. sometimes with half a car..

And I have never seen anyone get turned and then drive the car into the culprit like he did to Montoya..

I know a lot of people say it's not possible that he did that on purpose,,
And if it had been anyone else, I might agree,,,

but he's just bratty enough, and just damn good enough that I have no doubt it was intentional, lol

His attitude bugs the shit out of me, and it's getting a little old with all his winning,,lol, but damn he can drive

(& can anyone really catch him now in the chase? Except maybe Edwards... geesh!)

One good thing, lol, was the coverage... still not perfect, but I loved the split screen for commercials, and that they would sweep the whole field often so you could see where your car was... good job

~later
frfksakes
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:30 pm

Yeah, I sure wish Fluffy would have stayed in front of Shrub, then maybe Matt could have gone by them both! lol.
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frfksakes on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:01 pm

Suspect Well, if Matt had been a better driver ,,, had a stronger car, he and Fluffy could have gone right by shrub!!!! So, yeah, bad choice to go with Matt

jk, of course,,, just a bad choice, period,,,

I keep hearing ‘comic book guy’ saying "worst,, decision,, ever” Laughing

(of course, if it had worked,,, lol,
and I know in the past that was the lane to be in, so,,, who knows,, if that caution hadn't come out just when it did, he and Matt might have shot to the front... boy that would have been fun!!!!)

and, again, I'm of course kidding about my digs at Matt,,, I hope you know that! Wink
I like Matt,, he seems like one of the nice ones, and he can sure drive ,,

I esp liked when he was going toe-to-toe with someone at the finish line (the best being when it was w/48, with Matt beating him! Twisted Evil) - and it looks like he's getting ever closer to doing those kind of finishes ~
pretty cool

tc
frfksakes
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content