It's Just Like The Media ...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Saint John on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:03 pm

to completely ignore the fact that the guy that was paid $6.5 million dollars by the Penn State Board Of Trustees (the people that wrongfully fired Joe Paterno) is also ...

Penn State Investigator Louis Freeh Accused Of Heading A Massive Cover-Up As Director Of FBI

The Department of Justice and FBI recently began reviewing 10,000 cases to look for flawed forensic evidence that might have convicted innocent people.

The FBI and DOJ had previously formed another task force in the '90s to investigate flawed evidence, the Washington Post reported in April.

The director of the FBI from 1993 to 2001, Louis Freeh, launched that task force with then-Attorney General Janet Reno.

After nine years of working in secret, the unit neither published its reviews of specific cases nor informed potentially innocent defendants or their attorneys, according to the Post.

Freeh has been praised lately for his independent investigation of the Penn State sexual abuse scandal and the alleged cover-up by top officials.

But ex-FBI agent and whistleblower C. Fred Whitehurst told William Fisher of Prism magazine that Freeh's action were similar to those of PSU officials because Freeh "did everything in his power" to cover up mistakes made by FBI forensic analysts:

“While I was reporting issues at the FBI crime lab, FBI Director Louis Freeh was doing every thing he could to shut me down including coming at me with proposed criminal charges, referrals for fitness for duty (psych evals), destroying my career, moving me around the lab like a rag doll, ruining my wife’s career. This man has no conscience and he is accusing Penn State managers of not taking any steps. He ought to be ashamed. Before the lab scandal is over you will find that Freeh was right in the middle of it. He did EXACTLY what the Penn State folks did.”

We reached out to Freeh's law firm – Freeh Sporkin & Sullivan, LLP – but Freeh was unavailable for comment.

Last week Whitehurst told Prism that the number of cases based on falsified or scientifically unfounded forensic evidence actually number in the hundreds of thousands because the FBI taught its forensic techniques to local, state, and federal crime lab personnel for decades.


Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/penn-state-investigator-louis-freeh-accused-of-heading-a-massive-cover-up-as-director-of-fbi-2012-7#ixzz20zTGxiy2


avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Ed on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:49 pm

avatar
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5244
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Saint John on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:31 pm

Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Saint John on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:49 am

I figured the NCAA would lay the hammer down, but vacating those wins is just plain wrong and stupid. The Penn State Board Of Trustees and law enforcement knew about this for 14 fucking years. But when do they bring it to light??? When Joe is on his death bed. He's the easy scapegoat here. The NCAA uses Penn State like an ATM, cripples them up, but they're sure going to collect that $$$. That Freeh Report in NO WAY proved that Joe Paterno knew and tried to cover up anything. The report's findings are based on 2 e-mails from men accused of ... PERJURY! It's funny how we can suddenly trust and interpret their vague words, as they await trial for ... LYING! It's unreal, man. That report should/could have said, "There is some evidence that Joe Paterno *may* have known, but we're simply not going to trust the e-mails of men on trial for perjury. Our investigation concludes that there is some evidence, but not enough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Joe Paterno committed any crimes.. We do, however, have the monster in the jail that did, and we'll proceed with charges against the other 2 individuals as well."
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Saint John on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Fuck the NCAA. Penn State never cheated and those wins count. Period. Joe's win were legit and I hope the family takes this to court. I also hope they sue for this egregious and unwarranted character assassination of a good man. I've still yet to see one iota of incriminating evidence against Joe Paterno. Oh, wait, the vague email of a guy going on trial for ... perjury! Rolling Eyes scratch
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Saint John on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:57 am

I just re-read some of the Freeh report. My conclusion, based on the wild innuendo and supposition that Freeh decided was damning to Paterno, in the absence of any real evidence, is that Freeh was hired by the Board to dig up and place as much blame on Joe as possible to help fend off the Paterno family's wrongful termination suit. But the most absurd tale is the sentiment that (paraphrasing here) "after 1998 Joe failed to closely monitor Sandusky's behavior." First, that might be because Sandusky left PSU in 1999. But, moreover, Joe Paterno was a football coach, not a law enforcement official, or a Child Welfare Department employee, or anybody who was in any position to know what Sandusky was doing much less "monitor" his behavior. The alleged notes that claim to say that Joe wanted to be kept informed of the 1998 investigation led to him being informed that the charges were dropped and Sandusky was cleared. And this was by an external law enforcement agency, with the child's mother having full knowledge of the investigation. So, what this reporter is saying is Joe should have confronted Sandusky and said "even though you don't work here any more, and you have been cleared of the charges against you, I am going to monitor your private life behavior"? Ridiculous. It was also made clear that Sandusky was given emeritus status and access to PSU by the president of the University, not by Joe Paterno, and it was part of a retirement package, not because he was connected to the football program. Nobody knows what, if anything, Joe discussed with Tim Curley, until Curley's trial. And I still wouldn't trust the words of a guy on trial for perjury.

The cold hard fact remains that we will probably never know what Joe Paterno did or didn't know. It's just sad to see so many people turn into cross-dressing cunts and vilify a guy in the absence of evidence, simply because they think condemning the guy will heal up sore assholes. It won't. But it sure makes the Paterno witch hunter's look silly.
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Saint John on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:03 am

Her's another thing the dopey bashers probably don't know - When will Gov Tom Corbett, start to accept some of the blame? As Pennsylvania's attorney general, he investigated Sandusky for nearly two years but failed to make an arrest. Corbett had aggressively pursued prosecution of sexual predators, "But this time, he assigned just one investigator to the Sandusky case."
State campaign records show he accepted contributions of nearly $650,000 from current and past board members of Second Mile and their businesses. But that doesn't seem as strange as, say, a vague email from Tim Curley. Putting all of the blame on Paterno, the right wing guy the media has quietly despised, has taken all of the focus off of some truly questionable/incriminating behavior by guys like Tom Corbett. And people were dumb enough to fall for it.
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Ed on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Saint John wrote:Her's another thing the dopey bashers probably don't know - When will Gov Tom Corbett, start to accept some of the blame? As Pennsylvania's attorney general, he investigated Sandusky for nearly two years but failed to make an arrest. Corbett had aggressively pursued prosecution of sexual predators, "But this time, he assigned just one investigator to the Sandusky case."
State campaign records show he accepted contributions of nearly $650,000 from current and past board members of Second Mile and their businesses. But that doesn't seem as strange as, say, a vague email from Tim Curley. Putting all of the blame on Paterno, the right wing guy the media has quietly despised, has taken all of the focus off of some truly questionable/incriminating behavior by guys like Tom Corbett. And people were dumb enough to fall for it.

Good point. It is a state college.
avatar
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5244
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Saint John on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Ed wrote:
Saint John wrote:Her's another thing the dopey bashers probably don't know - When will Gov Tom Corbett, start to accept some of the blame? As Pennsylvania's attorney general, he investigated Sandusky for nearly two years but failed to make an arrest. Corbett had aggressively pursued prosecution of sexual predators, "But this time, he assigned just one investigator to the Sandusky case."
State campaign records show he accepted contributions of nearly $650,000 from current and past board members of Second Mile and their businesses. But that doesn't seem as strange as, say, a vague email from Tim Curley. Putting all of the blame on Paterno, the right wing guy the media has quietly despised, has taken all of the focus off of some truly questionable/incriminating behavior by guys like Tom Corbett. And people were dumb enough to fall for it.

Good point. It is a state college.

Political careers could be savagely and swiftly ruined if they investigate further ... so they're not going to. Let me ask anyone and everyone this; why is it that Jerry Sandusky was convicted on 45 of 48 counts against a dozen young boys, and the media and the rest of the world are fixated on hanging Joe Paterno over one case in the Penn State showers to which three other people were eyewitnesses to?!? There was nothing ... not one iota of evidence in the Freeh Report that Joe Paterno told any of the eyewitnesses to be quiet. They could have, and should have, gone to the police. Mike McQueary, 2 janitors and even Mike McQueary's father are allowed a pass. It's crazy. Furthermore, what about the dozens, if not hundreds of violations that happened off of the Penn State campus??? Nobody's talking about those because they can't blame them on Joe Paterno. The bottom line is that the ongoing and wrongful thrashing of Joe Paterno and his legacy is throwing the dogs off the scent of several law enforcement departments that failed miserably. Their political careers are being saved at Joe Paterno's expense. Honestly, and it's fucking crazy, but the sum total of evidence is one email from a guy that's currently going on trial for ... PERJURY! scratch
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Fact Finder on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Paterno, McQueary said, “slumped back in his chair.” “He said: ‘Well, I’m sorry you had to see that. It’s terrible. I need to think and tell some people about what you saw, and I’ll let you know what we’ll do next.’ ”

Fact Finder
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Fact Finder on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:50 pm

“I figured Tim would handle it appropriately,” Paterno told the grand jury. He added: “I didn’t push Mike…because he was very upset. I knew Mike was upset, and I knew some kind of inappropriate action was being taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster.”


Fact Finder
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Fact Finder on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:51 pm

"I didn't want to interfere with their weekends, (so) either Saturday or Monday, I talked to my boss, Tim Curley, by phone, saying, 'Hey we got a problem' and I explained the problem to him," Paterno said.

Fact Finder
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Fact Finder on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:56 pm

Dan, to the Grand Jury, Paterno said he knew some kind of inappropriate action was being taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster.

WTF else do we need to know?

Then he said "We have a problem."

A PROBLEM JOEPA, A PROBLEM? THE KIDS HAD A PROBLEM, YOU HAD A CHANCE TO HELP THEM! YOU FAILED THE KIDS JOEPA, YOU FAILED THE KIDS!


Fact Finder
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Fact Finder on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:59 pm

McQueary said he talked to Curley and to Schultz, who oversaw the police department.

“I told them that I saw Jerry in the showers with a young boy and that what I had seen was extremely sexual and over the lines and it was wrong,” he said. “I would have described that it was extremely sexual and I thought that some kind of intercourse was going on.”

Of what he thought would happen next, he said:

“I thought I was talking to the head of the police, to be frank with you,” McQueary said. “In my mind it was like speaking to a (district attorney). It was someone who police reported to and would know what to do with it.”

Fact Finder
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Saint John on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:06 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Paterno, McQueary said, “slumped back in his chair.” “He said: ‘Well, I’m sorry you had to see that. It’s terrible. I need to think and tell some people about what you saw, and I’ll let you know what we’ll do next.’ ”

Sounds pretty responsible to me. And Joe did tell someone. He told his boss. If Mike McQueary saw what he claims he saw, the onus lies on him and him only to march down to the police station and tell them exactly what he saw. And he waffled on what he saw and told Joe it could have been "horsing around." Then it was rape. Then it was horse play ... and then it was rape again. The fact that Joe went to McQueary's house and entered his dad into the mix shows there was no attempt to cover up anything. "Hey, let's go tell your old man, and then we'll cover this all up!" Laughing Rolling Eyes
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Saint John on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Fact Finder wrote:“I figured Tim would handle it appropriately,” Paterno told the grand jury. He added: “I didn’t push Mike…because he was very upset. I knew Mike was upset, and I knew some kind of inappropriate action was being taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster.”

I'm not sure what your point is, here. "Inappropriate" shit happens every day. However, there's a big difference between showering with a kid (inappropriate) and raping him (illegal). Though it's gross, i see these meatheads at the gym showering completely naked with their kids. It's that whole old school, macho bullshit and I think it's gross. But you don't see me dialing up the cops over it. Funny that Mike McQueary had such a tough time deciphering between what was inappropriate and what was rape. Again, if he *saw* a child being raped, it's 100% on him to a) do something about it in "real time" and b) go to the police immediately. He went home and told his daddy, and they both decided to wait and tell Joe ... not go to the police. Joe took Mike McQueary to his superiors.


Last edited by Saint John on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Saint John on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:15 pm

Fact Finder wrote:"I didn't want to interfere with their weekends, (so) either Saturday or Monday, I talked to my boss, Tim Curley, by phone, saying, 'Hey we got a problem' and I explained the problem to him," Paterno said.

This seems like proper protocol to me. Again, the crux of the problem is Mike McQueary waffling on what he saw. Hell, they couldn't even pin the right year down. I'm pretty sure I'd never forget when something like that happened! And where is this kid, anyway? I know ... Joe Paterno killed him!
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Saint John on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:24 pm

There is a great editorial in The Delco Daily Times (Delaware County is a suburb of Philadelphia) today by Gil Spencer. He is one of the few media members who didn't instantly gulp the Freeh Koolaid. In his editorial, Mr. Spencer challenges the validity of the Freeh Report on the basis of the fact that Freeh never interviewed Mike McQueary during his investigation. Freeh used the term "callous and shocking disregard for the safety and wellfare of Sandusky's child victims" over and over in condemning Paterno, Curley, Schultz and Spanier yet it never mentions McQueary in the report. Gil Spencer points out that McQueary claims to have seen one of those victims being molested and he turned and ran instead of rescuing the child, calling the police and holding Sandusky there until they arrived. He said that is the most glaring "callous disregard for the wellfare of a victim". He goes on to say that McQueary could have stopped Sandusky from molesting future victims if he had taken action instead of running away. But McQueary gets a complete pass from the Freeh investigation. Mr. Spencer says the same thing of the janitor who was treated as a hero by Mr. Freeh. He too witnessed what he called "the most horrible thing he had ever seen" but he did nothing to stop it and turned and ran away like Mr. McQueary did. Mr. Spencer calls the Freeh Report "wretchedly incomplete at best and at worst, a willful, maybe even callous disregard for the whole truth". I suggest anyone interested in the whole truth read Mr. Spencers editorial. You can find it at www.delcotimes.com.
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Fact Finder on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:26 pm

If someone tells me that my former linebackers coach is fucking a little boy in the shower, I don't think about ruining someones elses weekend.


Fact Finder
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Saint John on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:37 am

Fact Finder wrote:If someone tells me that my former linebackers coach is fucking a little boy in the shower, I don't think about ruining someones elses weekend.


Agreed. But Joe Paterno was NOT told that. McQueary indicated "slapping noises" and possible "horsing around." Then the story started changing and be was unsure of what he saw.


Other than saying during his testimony, “I’m human,” McQueary hasn’t given an excuse for his changing stories regarding the incident.
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Fact Finder on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:03 pm

Saint John wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:"I didn't want to interfere with their weekends, (so) either Saturday or Monday, I talked to my boss, Tim Curley, by phone, saying, 'Hey we got a problem' and I explained the problem to him," Paterno said.

This seems like proper protocol to me. Again, the crux of the problem is Mike McQueary waffling on what he saw. Hell, they couldn't even pin the right year down. I'm pretty sure I'd never forget when something like that happened! And where is this kid, anyway? I know ... Joe Paterno killed him!


The boy is alive and ready to collect his millions from Ped. St. As well he should...


http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8202237/penn-state-nittany-lions-lawyers-say-shower-abuse-victim-sue

Fact Finder
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Saint John on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Fact Finder wrote:
Saint John wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:"I didn't want to interfere with their weekends, (so) either Saturday or Monday, I talked to my boss, Tim Curley, by phone, saying, 'Hey we got a problem' and I explained the problem to him," Paterno said.

This seems like proper protocol to me. Again, the crux of the problem is Mike McQueary waffling on what he saw. Hell, they couldn't even pin the right year down. I'm pretty sure I'd never forget when something like that happened! And where is this kid, anyway? I know ... Joe Paterno killed him!


The boy is alive and ready to collect his millions from Ped. St. As well he should...


http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8202237/penn-state-nittany-lions-lawyers-say-shower-abuse-victim-sue

I have no problem with him collecting his compensation for the atrocities inflicted upon him. And let me be clear, I have no problem with finding fault in people that failed to act. It's just that I have yet to see any conclusive evidence that Joe Paterno tried to coverup anything. For that to be true, Mike McQueary, his dad, 2 janitors and a few other people would have had to be told to keep their mouths shut. And that never surfaced. It seems to me that they could have gone to the police at any time, and simply failed to do so. And I truly think Joe didn't know the extent of what Sandusky was doing. On the other hand, I think Ray Gricar was a casualty of a possible pedophile ring involving Second Mile and at least one top political official. But no one cares about that now, nor did they in 1998 or when Gricar disappeared. scratch THAT disappearance would probably blow this whole thing wide open, if it could be solved.


Last edited by Saint John on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Ed on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:06 pm

avatar
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5244
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Fact Finder on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:23 am

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=5116

WEB EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Victim Claims Sandusky Sex Scandal Connected to Philadelphia Pedophile Network

July 22, 2012 AFP

Fact Finder
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Saint John on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:54 am

Fact Finder wrote:http://americanfreepress.net/?p=5116

WEB EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Victim Claims Sandusky Sex Scandal Connected to Philadelphia Pedophile Network

July 22, 2012 AFP

When I met him, Jerry was a like a movie star. Everyone called him ‘Coach.’ Makes me believe that the "coach" in the infamous e-mail was not Joe Paterno. Everyone called Paterno "Joe" and Sandusky "coach." Hey, didn't someone (me) predict this was connected to a Second Mile ped ring, with people in high places making Ray Gricar disappear? Ask Ehwmatt, I said that MONTHS ago.
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just Like The Media ...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum