Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by Ed on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:15 pm

People do grieve differently. That's a very personal thing. When my mom croaked my father got mad at me because I would not kneel at the casket during the viewings. He also doesn't like that I don't visit the grave site. Sorry, I don't need to put on a show in a funeral home or stand in front of a slab to remember departed family or friends.
avatar
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5244
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by Behshad on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Saint John wrote:
Ehwmatt wrote:
All this being said, I think you should return. The board sorely misses your opinions.

You do, huh? Well *I* "think" that welfare trash should start getting jobs, that Israel should pack its shit and move out of The Middle East, that someone should use Hillary Clinton in a bestiality movie starring elephants and that Muhammad Ali should sit fucking still. None are gonna happen, though. And neither is my return to MR.

lol! lol!

_________________
If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now, quiet, they’re about to announce the lottery numbers!! / Homer J Simpson
avatar
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Age : 44
Registration date : 2008-05-17

View user profile http://newwtf.forums1.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by Deb on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Ed wrote:People do grieve differently. That's a very personal thing. When my mom croaked my father got mad at me because I would not kneel at the casket during the viewings. He also doesn't like that I don't visit the grave site. Sorry, I don't need to put on a show in a funeral home or stand in front of a slab to remember departed family or friends.

I'm not big on that either. Most of my family will go put flowers on each of my grandmother's gravesites on Mother's Day and such, but I would rather maybe light a candle and recall a few of the good memories. Yulog is right, nobody is right or wrong in how they feel or grieve. I don't think Dan is wrong in not posting about Dean's passing, but then nor are the people that posted lots about it. Me, I can't help it I'm a passionate person, I hold nothing in, good or bad. If I'm feeling loss (or anything) I have no problem posting or talking about it. Helps me move on. Met up with Dean and others quite a few times in Cali and still will randomly think of a funny memory and it just makes me laugh out loud. And I'm sure that crazy Canuck's antics will be missed on my next Cali trip. LMAO although I do find some relief in knowing that I will never have to witness that 'fart can' or whatever he called it that he kept teasing he'd bomb at the next MB concert. Laughing

PS: Please stop fighting guys, I hate seeing good peeps take digs at each. Sad
avatar
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by Saint John on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:03 pm

Deb wrote: I do find some relief in knowing that I will never have to witness that 'fart can' or whatever he called it

It's called Liquid Ass, and for the longest time I thought it was something he made up ... until he brought it to our meet up in a Santa Monica bar called Yankee Doodles. That crazy motherfucker says to me, "Watch this, dude. I'm going to spray up the bathroom when it's empty." He went and sat in the shitter until there was no one in the bathroom and sprayed the floor and walls with that stuff. He ran out and the first few people walked in a minute or 2 later. My girlfriend, her 2 friends and I just sat there shocked at the expressions of people coming out. Some just turned right around.

I *had* to see what the fuss was about and walked in to take a whiff. I was immediately breathless. This shit was like some sort of airborne warfare. It smelled like concentrated baby and elephant shit. I'll never forget one guy walking out ...dry heaving. Laughing Another guy comes out with his shirt over his face and says "I think someone died in there." Lastly, Dean calls over one of the Mexican bus boys and says "Hey, man, I just went in the shitter to take a piss and it really stinks in there. See if you can do something about it." Next thing I know there's a gaggle of short Mexican dudes in there to scrub the walls, ceiling and floor. It was just something you had to see ... or smell! Laughing
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by GI_Jim on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:25 pm

Saint John wrote:
Deb wrote: I do find some relief in knowing that I will never have to witness that 'fart can' or whatever he called it

It's called Liquid Ass, and for the longest time I thought it was something he made up ... until he brought it to our meet up in a Santa Monica bar called Yankee Doodles. That crazy motherfucker says to me, "Watch this, dude. I'm going to spray up the bathroom when it's empty." He went and sat in the shitter until there was no one in the bathroom and sprayed the floor and walls with that stuff. He ran out and the first few people walked in a minute or 2 later. My girlfriend, her 2 friends and I just sat there shocked at the expressions of people coming out. Some just turned right around.

I *had* to see what the fuss was about and walked in to take a whiff. I was immediately breathless. This shit was like some sort of airborne warfare. It smelled like concentrated baby and elephant shit. I'll never forget one guy walking out ...dry heaving. Laughing Another guy comes out with his shirt over his face and says "I think someone died in there." Lastly, Dean calls over one of the Mexican bus boys and says "Hey, man, I just went in the shitter to take a piss and it really stinks in there. See if you can do something about it." Next thing I know there's a gaggle of short Mexican dudes in there to scrub the walls, ceiling and floor. It was just something you had to see ... or smell! Laughing


Laughing Laughing Laughing I remember hearing that story. It's one of many classic Dean stories. He was crazy as hell to talk to. I remember he called me one night and we talked for a long time. He had me in stitches, and he was talking so damn fast that I could hardly keep up with the stories. Laughing I know I've said it before, but I do feel bad that the last time we communicated, we were fighting. Crying or Very sad Nothing I can do about that now, but at least we had some funny times too.
avatar
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Age : 45
Location : S.C.
Registration date : 2009-03-02

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by Moon Beam on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:27 am

Ed wrote:People do grieve differently. That's a very personal thing. When my mom croaked my father got mad at me because I would not kneel at the casket during the viewings. He also doesn't like that I don't visit the grave site. Sorry, I don't need to put on a show in a funeral home or stand in front of a slab to remember departed family or friends.

I agree with you about visiting the graveyard, my Dad's been dead almost 7 years
and I've been only once since he passed.
I don't do well with it and he never wanted that from people anyway.
However, if you were my Son, I would have made sure you showed respect and got on yours knees before your Mother.
I'm willing to bet my broom that your Mother was on her knees cleaning and caring for you at some point in your life.
I'm not saying you didn't show her love and respect while she was alive, just that I disagree with you
and feel it's a small gesture of respect for loved ones we've lost. Smile
avatar
Moon Beam
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 805
Age : 47
Location : Ontari-ari-ari-o!
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by Ed on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:42 am

Moon Beam wrote:
Ed wrote:People do grieve differently. That's a very personal thing. When my mom croaked my father got mad at me because I would not kneel at the casket during the viewings. He also doesn't like that I don't visit the grave site. Sorry, I don't need to put on a show in a funeral home or stand in front of a slab to remember departed family or friends.

I agree with you about visiting the graveyard, my Dad's been dead almost 7 years
and I've been only once since he passed.
I don't do well with it and he never wanted that from people anyway.
However, if you were my Son, I would have made sure you showed respect and got on yours knees before your Mother.
I'm willing to bet my broom that your Mother was on her knees cleaning and caring for you at some point in your life.
I'm not saying you didn't show her love and respect while she was alive, just that I disagree with you
and feel it's a small gesture of respect for loved ones we've lost. Smile

I don't go near corpses. Not even if that one was once my mother.

It's in my will that when I croak that I will not be laid out. Pictures and video only at the memorial. Really that's all that should be at a wake. Well, that and a keg. Funeral homes really should have liquor licenses. That's a missed opportunity there.
avatar
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5244
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by Moon Beam on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:01 am

Ed wrote:I don't go near corpses. Not even if that one was once my mother.

It's in my will that when I croak that I will not be laid out. Pictures and video only at the memorial. Really that's all that should be at a wake. Well, that and a keg. Funeral homes really should have liquor licenses. That's a missed opportunity there.

Understandable Ed, I know a few folks like that.
I gather they'd drop dead if ever forced to kiss a corpse. Laughing
The liquor license looks logical enough.
It could get ugly though.
Something tells me that people getting drunk around dead bodies is gonna lead to no good. Laughing
avatar
Moon Beam
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 805
Age : 47
Location : Ontari-ari-ari-o!
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by Saint John on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Speaking of things Andrew "might want to know" ... what the hell kind of title is "Stop The World ... I Want To Get Off"? That's disgusting, man. Nail your wife, jerk off or visit a fucking sperm bank, but keep that shit to yourself! Suspect
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by yulog on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:39 pm

its an extreme song

yulog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 407
Location : MOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by Saint John on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:09 pm

yulog wrote:its an extreme song

That's even worse! Laughing
avatar
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by yulog on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

yulog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 407
Location : MOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by GI_Jim on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:35 pm

Saint John wrote:Speaking of things Andrew "might want to know" ... what the hell kind of title is "Stop The World ... I Want To Get Off"? That's disgusting, man. Nail your wife, jerk off or visit a fucking sperm bank, but keep that shit to yourself! Suspect

I'm logging off WTF and all further digs at me. Laughing Laughing
avatar
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Age : 45
Location : S.C.
Registration date : 2009-03-02

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by Behshad on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:40 pm

He is ghost-reading , so watch out !

_________________
If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now, quiet, they’re about to announce the lottery numbers!! / Homer J Simpson
avatar
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Age : 44
Registration date : 2008-05-17

View user profile http://newwtf.forums1.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by GI_Jim on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:36 pm

Behshad wrote:He is ghost-reading , so watch out !


Like this? What a Face I think he's a little this... He's probably doing this to Dan and I right now... He wishes we were doing this to him in return... He thinks he's this... king I think he looks a little more like this... queen When he doesn't get his way he does this... When he does get his way it's because people do this...

He does have some hobbies though. Here's one of them... When he gets a little alone time, he enjoys this with Phyllis... He enjoys her for her intellect... He likes to show her what he's made of, and she thinks it's a great game... He even dreams of their time together...

He rocks out to the best musicians in the world, but since none of them play anymore... he listens to Eric Martin... Of course, I better not say anything about EM, or Deb will be all... I keep telling her Eric's (AND Soto's) music makes me... Sleep yet she posts NON-STOP about them with a... sunny attitude. Oh well.

I guess I better quit messing around in here tonight before I get banned from afro . Laughing Laughing
avatar
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Age : 45
Location : S.C.
Registration date : 2009-03-02

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by Deb on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:06 am

GI_Jim wrote:
Behshad wrote:He is ghost-reading , so watch out !


Like this? What a Face I think he's a little this... He's probably doing this to Dan and I right now... He wishes we were doing this to him in return... He thinks he's this... king I think he looks a little more like this... queen When he doesn't get his way he does this... When he does get his way it's because people do this...

He does have some hobbies though. Here's one of them... When he gets a little alone time, he enjoys this with Phyllis... He enjoys her for her intellect... He likes to show her what he's made of, and she thinks it's a great game... He even dreams of their time together...

He rocks out to the best musicians in the world, but since none of them play anymore... he listens to Eric Martin... Of course, I better not say anything about EM, or Deb will be all... I keep telling her Eric's (AND Soto's) music makes me... Sleep yet she posts NON-STOP about them with a... sunny attitude. Oh well.

I guess I better quit messing around in here tonight before I get banned from afro . Laughing Laughing

Laughing That's ok Jimbo, some of your candyass music choices make me Sleep too. cheers
avatar
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by GI_Jim on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:22 am

Deb wrote:
GI_Jim wrote:
Behshad wrote:He is ghost-reading , so watch out !


Like this? What a Face I think he's a little this... He's probably doing this to Dan and I right now... He wishes we were doing this to him in return... He thinks he's this... king I think he looks a little more like this... queen When he doesn't get his way he does this... When he does get his way it's because people do this...

He does have some hobbies though. Here's one of them... When he gets a little alone time, he enjoys this with Phyllis... He enjoys her for her intellect... He likes to show her what he's made of, and she thinks it's a great game... He even dreams of their time together...

He rocks out to the best musicians in the world, but since none of them play anymore... he listens to Eric Martin... Of course, I better not say anything about EM, or Deb will be all... I keep telling her Eric's (AND Soto's) music makes me... Sleep yet she posts NON-STOP about them with a... sunny attitude. Oh well.

I guess I better quit messing around in here tonight before I get banned from afro . Laughing Laughing

Laughing That's ok Jimbo, some of your candyass music choices make me Sleep too. cheers

Laughing Laughing Laughing It does me too. At least Eric FINISHES his albums. Very Happy
avatar
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Age : 45
Location : S.C.
Registration date : 2009-03-02

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum