SONOMA!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SONOMA!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Mistiejourney on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:52 pm

SDGary wrote:Well, to say I was pleasantly surprised at my boy Kenseth's effort would be a HUGE understatement! I think he'd be the first to admit road courses are his worst type of track. I was worried how much ground we were going to lose in our effort to get into the top twelve. I'll be DAMNED if he didn't go from 33rd starting position to pull out his first ever top ten (8th) at Sonoma, AND move into the top twelve in the process! Now, I hope we can continue to climb, not fall back!

That was cool! There was a lot of good racing, stratergy (as Kyle Petty calls it) and talent in that race. Congrats on Kenseth getting into the top 12 - I know how excited I am for Kasey being there, so I can surely appreciate what it feels like! cheers
Mistiejourney
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile http://www.emergiblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:29 pm

Hey, you're in the Bay area. How come you weren't at Sonoma?
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:57 pm

Not really a fan of Neck Car, but I have to admit it sounds pretty cool blaring through my surround sound system and watching in HD. I have a friend who I allow to come over once a year to watch the Daytona 500.
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5244
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frfksakes on Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:23 pm

AR wrote:.. I have to admit it sounds pretty cool blaring through my surround sound system and watching in HD.

Now that sounds fun!

Has anyone tried one of those "On Demand" channels that are exclusive to a driver? Just curious what that is like..

To be able to follow your favorite driver for most of the race in HD, and to listen to it in surround sound...

Ha, Sounds like heaven... Cool

Last edited by frfksakes on Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
frfksakes
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frfksakes on Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:24 pm

Mistiejourney wrote:You know you are going to be in for a long race when your guy is has no hydraulics in his transmission on the pace lap! Very Happy

That's what happened to Kasey and then I decided to keep an eye on Elliott instead and he gets a flat four laps to the end!

[[ From pole to the hole ]]- what a roller coaster for Kasey!

Laughing

It's hard to feel sorry for him since the shootout, though, lol.
And he did pretty darn well at Sonoma before the car problems... Seems like the young guns are really ruling the roost, right now, lol..

Hey Gary - you've probably seen this, but just in case...

"Kenseth tries to keep magic six-week stretch rolling" http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/features/06/26/cup.by.the.numbers.new.hampshire/index.html
frfksakes
Batboy
Batboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:19 pm

I loved how Kenseth popped into the top 10 with three laps left and Petty said something "Oh yeah, Matt Kenseth is in this race and he moved up into the top ten. This is the first time we mentioned him in this broadcast."

When he took down the good finish I knew somewhere there was a happy San Diego Gary.

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:37 pm

frfksakes wrote:
AR wrote:.. I have to admit it sounds pretty cool blaring through my surround sound system and watching in HD.

Now that sounds fun!

Has anyone tried one of those "On Demand" channels that are exclusive to a driver? Just curious what that is like..

To be able to follow your favorite driver for most of the race in HD, and to listen to it in surround sound...

Ha, Sounds like heaven... Cool

When this first came out, I was sure I would subscribe. Thank God they had a free trial. It actually gets boring after awhile. The same view out the front, and all you hear is the engine and the radio when they talk. Meanwhile, you have no idea what's going on in the race.
If I was going to do it, I would put it on a little TV alongside my big one with the race on it. But actually, the only real reason I'd want it is for the radio, and you can get that on the computer now. I have two computers going during a race. One has MRN/PRN radio on it. The other is my laptop that I have with me which has the scanner radio talk and the Nascar scoring on it. I tried watching last week without the scoring and scanner and was going NUTS trying to figure out what Matt was doing! lol. No wonder people think it's boring with just the TV broadcast!
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:20 pm

frfksakes wrote:
Mistiejourney wrote:You know you are going to be in for a long race when your guy is has no hydraulics in his transmission on the pace lap! Very Happy

That's what happened to Kasey and then I decided to keep an eye on Elliott instead and he gets a flat four laps to the end!

[[ From pole to the hole ]]- what a roller coaster for Kasey!

Laughing

It's hard to feel sorry for him since the shootout, though, lol.
And he did pretty darn well at Sonoma before the car problems... Seems like the young guns are really ruling the roost, right now, lol..

Hey Gary - you've probably seen this, but just in case...

"Kenseth tries to keep magic six-week stretch rolling" [url=http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/features/06/26/cup.by.the.numbers.new.hampshire/index.html[/quote]

Yes, I did. But thanks. Isn't it great???????? lol.
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:29 pm

ProgRocker53 wrote:I loved how Kenseth popped into the top 10 with three laps left and Petty said something "Oh yeah, Matt Kenseth is in this race and he moved up into the top ten. This is the first time we mentioned him in this broadcast."

When he took down the good finish I knew somewhere there was a happy San Diego Gary.

Laughing
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:16 pm

frfksakes wrote:
SDGary wrote:They ran the COT at both road courses last year.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by the engines. Every manufactuer uses their engines in both series. The Nationwide engines have a tapered spacer (a little like a restrictor plate), but they all use them.

I'm sorry if I'm getting all technical. I know that doesn't mean much to a lot of fans. I'm just one of those nerds. clown

Lol, I don't mind technical. It might be Greek to me, but I like learning...

As for the engines... I'm going by what was said during one of the broadcasts..
I'll check, but I think it was Rusty Wallace and one of the ex-crew chief announcers-
They are the ones who said that normally the engines are different, (I think mostly in relation to horsepower, but maybe not) - And that they were confused/ a bit miffed that Toyota gets to use the same engines for both series. Again, if I understood and remember correctly, lol, I think they were implying that Toyota somehow is getting away with using the same horsepower engines in both series, while everyone else has to use different horsepower engines in the two series...

But you know, I've heard similar complaints about Toyota having a horsepower advantage in the Cup series, so I wonder if it's just sour grapes, lol.
I.e., Maybe Toyota has just figured out how to get more HP from their engines....

Since you're a Techy, maybe you could research the complaints. I'd love to know the truth.

And as for the COT - Even in the races where the COT ran well last year, they haven't done so this year. So, week-to-week, I just don't know what to expect this year.
I know a lot of drivers are doing well, but the cars seem so ridiculously sensitive to changes, etc..

& While Kenseth is starting to do well, he and so many of the best drivers from the last few years have just been flat.

And if it’s not the cars, I'm curious what your techy brain, lol, thinks is so different from the last few years?

Or why it seems like one car at a time will dominate at different times during different races, but there’s rarely any real racing.
The difference is just so dramatic.

Maybe I just need to become a Nascarhead like you, lol, and just give up on trying to enjoy it on TV….
Wink

I owe you an apology. I never heard Rusty and them talking about the Toyota Nationwide engine. But I did hear Ray Evernham talking about it today. and I KNOW he knows what he's talking about. Actually, we were both a little right. They use the same engine, but there's a cylinder head Toyota has that's not legal for Cup but they can use in Nationwide. They used to have a completely different engine in the Truck series that's now illegal. I'll bet this is the head they used to use on that engine. I'm not sure why they can get away with it in Nationwide though. If that's even what's happening. I'm just guessing. But you did know what you were talking about!
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frfksakes on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:59 pm

no need to apologize,

besides, everyone who talks about it has a slightly different take on it all..

And, boy, I just don't agree with what NASCAR is doing... at all

If it was all the Toyota teams, that would be one thing, but it's not,,

and when they tested the engines, the car that is doing the best of all (20) was like 5th or something, behind a couple of fords,,,

I think they need to address this stuff, (like, maybe let the other teams use newer parts now?,,)
but not by penalizing Toyota if they've done everything within the rules...

blah, blah, blah,, seems a bit fucked up, but then again, the news might be completely different next week, lol.... Rolling Eyes Laughing
frfksakes
Batboy
Batboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary on Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:22 am

Hey, it's like playoffs in baseball. The ONLY reason they do it is to keep more teams in the running, so more fans will watch. The closer the competition, the better the ratings. Plain and simple.
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2